College is a place where young people go to find out what they want to study and eventually work for their after graduating. Some people go for teaching, for psychology, for Journalism, etc. And then there are some people who major in the weirdest of fields of study.
To them I say, good luck finding work.
1. Bowling Management: Vincennes Universtiy, Indiana
The only program in the country. It offers students how to learn the business of bowling. I didn’t even know there was a business in bowling.
2. Comedy: Humber College, Canada
A four year program where students write and preform comedy acts. The only people who will be laughing after these students graduate are the administers because the tuition outside Canadian boarders is almost $13,000 per semester.
3. Puppetry: University of Connecticut
This major is so weird it’s popular at UConn. Still it’s really weird.
4. Sexuality: San Francisco State University, California
Let’s get it on…in class. The program says students learn the knowledge about the process. I think we all know what the process is.
5. Nannying: Sullivan University, Kentucky
I guess students want to become the next Fran Drescher. This major doesn’t seem too weird, but what are the chances of becoming a full-time nanny when there is daycare.
6. Magic: Indiana University
This major is no trick, their is a program in Indiana U. The students who major in this, well their jobs all disappeared.
7. Parapsychology: University of Edinburgh, UK
This major is spooky! The program teaches students about the super natural and they get a degree in paranormal activities.
8. Folklore & Mythology: Harvard University, Massachusetts
Does this major even exist? The program discusses all types of medieval facts and events. At Harvard this is the oldest undergrad program.
9. Enigmatology: Indiana University
Wow Indiana U has weird undergrad programs. Oh well, Enigmatology is the study of puzzles. A couple of people graduated with this degree, but one graduate had his puzzles published the New York Times and became famous. So the joke is on us.
10. Mime: New Jersey Center for Mime, NJ
I have no words! Get it.